The National Association of Women Business Owners® (NAWBO®) is the voice of America’s 10.6 million women-owned businesses.
In 1999, the Charlotte-based women’s organization WBO joined the National Association of Women Business Owners to become NAWBO Charlotte. There are chapters of NAWBO in almost every metropolitan area, and NAWBO is represented in 33 countries across the world through its affiliation with Les Femmes Chefs d’ Enterprises Mondiales (World Association of Women Entrepreneurs).
Today, NAWBO Charlotte is the only organization specially designed to serve, support, and strengthen the 42,000 women-owned businesses in the greater Charlotte, NC metropolitan area.
The National Association of Women Business Owners, Charlotte Chapter propels women entrepreneurs into economic, social and political spheres of power worldwide.
As an organization with a customer-first philosophy, we:
- STRENGTHEN the wealth creating capacity of our members and promote economic development;
- SUPPORT women business owners personally and professionally through education, awareness and a commitment to diversity;
- CREATE innovative and effective changes in the business culture;
- BUILD strategic alliances, coalitions and affiliations;
- TRANSFORM public policy and influence opinion makers